This page is a collection of resources for campaign supporters. We will add to it over time so please check back. Contact email@example.com if you have feedback or requests for additional resources that would be helpful.
Priority calls to action (top things to ask people to do when posting)
- The top priority for promotion at the moment is the online petition, at www.megaphone.org.au/p/stopsrsscuts and also available at www.backyourneighbour.com.au/petition
- More engaged supporters can quickly send an email to their local federal MPs at www.backyourneighbour.com.au/takeaction
Secondary calls to action (after you have done both of the priority calls to action)
- People can also stay in touch by liking us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/backyourneighbour or following us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/backneighbour
- We are looking for organisations and community groups to add their name to our supporter list, available at http://www.backyourneighbour.com.au/supporters
Social media share images and stories (to download, click on photo and then download from the next page for high quality images)
- Zia’s bio: When Zia escaped the Taliban with his brothers and mum, Australia took him in and kept him safe. Today, Zia gives back to his community in Dandenong, running photography workshops for disadvantaged young people. The federal government recently decided to cut support services for people like Zia who arrived fleeing war and persecution. Instead of receiving help to start new lives and give back to their communities, these same people are facing homelessness.
- Nayran’s bio: Nayran escaped the violent civil war in Syria with her children and husband. Because we helped her set up a new life, Nayran gives back by cooking hundreds of meals for Melbourne’s homeless. The federal government recently decided to cut support services for people like Nayran who arrived fleeing war and persecution. Instead of receiving help to land on their feet and give back to their communities, these same people are facing poverty and homelessness.
Sharing link: www.facebook.com/BackYourNeighbour/videos/354022761832108/
Sharing link: www.facebook.com/BackYourNeighbour/videos/356815614884707/